The Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (formerly known as the Northwest Florida Regional Airport), centrally located in the heart of Okaloosa County, provides commercial transportation for the Gulf Coast region.
- Highway access to the 110,000 SF terminal and other facilities provided by State Route 85, a north-south main thoroughfare
- On-Site Ground Transportation to service customers
- The services of Allegiant, American Airlines, Contour Airlines, Delta Airlines, GLO, United Airlines ensure flexible travel routes which serve approximately 800,000 passengers each year with direct service to Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Bowling Green, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Little Rock, Louisville, Memphis, New Orleans, New York City/Newark, Oklahoma City, Peoria, Pittsburgh, Springfield/Branson, St. Louis / Belleville and Washington DC. Modern Amenities: Wi-Fi, free curbside assistance, ample parking, and complimentary shuttle service
- The Airport has expanded its terminal to include a cargo facility and relocating its rental operation to better serve its customers
Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport is an outstanding example of efficiency and joint use partnership with the United States Air Force resulting in lower operating costs. The regional airport utilizes two Eglin AFB runways:
- 10,000 feet long and 300 feet wide
- 12,000 feet long and 300 feet wide
These runways are the only ones in Northwest Florida capable of non-stop international operations to Europe. The access taxiway measures 1,600 feet long and 50 feet wide.